Sex Drive Support with Aphrodisia Cinnamon Rolls
There are two pleasures of life we all enjoy indulging in: great sex and sweets — unless you’re a savory kind of gal. Regardless of your pallete’s preferred taste, these Aphrodisia Cinnamon Rolls by Wooden Spoon Herbs are bound to satisfy your every need.
Libido has been a hot topic within the sex industry since COVID-19 restructured human connection. With such an extreme lifestyle change, it’s important to give your sexual health extra care. That way your new normal is both sustainable and authentic.
Wooden Spoon Herbs Aphrodisia is a sensual support tincture made of powerful herbs like rose, shatavari and cinnamon. According to its website, the Aphrodisia formula “gently infuses the reproductive, nervous, circulatory and endocrine systems with strength and ease helping to reduce stress, improve circulation, and assist in hormonal balance.” Unlike other libido support products that claim to make your sex life instantaneously better, Wooden Spoon Herbs understands that enhancing sexual pleasure is a piece of your overall lifestyle.
The 2 oz tincture is $36 USD and can be a one-time purchase, or you can subscribe and save to make it a staple in your holistic regime. If desserts aren’t a preference, you can also use the tincture as a massage oil.
Read the recipe below for Wooden Spoon Herbs’ special sensual support recipe:
Here are all of the ingredients you need for your dough, filling and cream cheese frosting:
For the dough:
- ¾ cup warm plant-based milk of choice (110 degrees F)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons quick rise or active yeast (1/4-ounce package yeast)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup of plant-based butter, melted
- 3 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (light brown sugar also works)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of plant-based butter, softened
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz plant-based cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make sure you have the following tools on standby:
- Stand mixer. You’ll want to use the dough hook on your stand mixer to easily knead the dough before rolling it out. Don’t have a stand mixer? No worries! You can also knead the dough by hand.
- Wooden spoon. We recommend mixing your dough together with a wooden spoon.
- Rolling pin. For rolling out that beautiful dough. Pro tip: if you don’t have a rolling pin you can also flour up a wine bottle!
- Serrated knife. Using a serrated knife will help you cut the cinnamon rolls out after you roll the dough up. You can also use floss.
- 9×9 inch pan. We recommend using a 9×9 inch baking pan or 9-inch circular pan so that the cinnamon rolls fit well and bake properly.
How to make the yummy cream cheese frosting:
- Warm milk to around 110 degrees F. Do this by placing milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving it for 40 to 45 seconds. It should be like warm bathwater. Transfer warm milk to the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle yeast on top. Add in sugar, egg, egg yolk and melted butter. Mix until well combined. Next, stir in flour and salt with a wooden spoon until a dough begins to form.
- Place dough hooks on the stand mixer and knead the dough on medium speed for eight minutes. The dough should form into a nice ball and be slightly sticky. If it’s too sticky (meaning it’s sticking to the bottom of the mixer, add in 2 tablespoons more bread flour). If you don’t want to use an electric mixer, you can use your hands to knead the dough for eight to 10 minutes on a well-floured surface.
- Transfer the dough ball to a well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour to 1 ½ hours, or until doubled in size. This may be more or less time depending on the humidity and temperature in your home.
- After the dough has doubled in size, transfer the dough to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 14×9 inch rectangle. Spread softened butter over the dough, leaving a ¼ inch margin at the far side of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together Aphrodisia, brown sugar and cinnamon. Use your hands to sprinkle the mixture over the buttered dough, then rub the brown sugar mixture into the butter.
- Tightly roll the dough up, starting from the 9-inch side and place seam side down making sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can. You will probably need to cut off about an inch off the ends of the dough as the ends won’t be as full of cinnamon sugar as we’d want it to be.
- Cut into one inch sections with a serrated knife or floss. You should get 9 large pieces.
- Place cinnamon rolls in a greased nine by nine inch baking pan or round nine-inch cake pan. (It’s recommended to line the pan with parchment paper as well, in case any of the fillings ends up leaking out). Cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel and let rise again for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove plastic wrap and towel and bake cinnamon rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until just slightly golden brown on the edges. You want to underbake them a little so they stay soft in the middle, so they’re slightly golden brown. Allow them to cool for five to 10 minutes before frosting. The recipe makes nine cinnamon rolls total.
To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine Aphrodisia, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cinnamon rolls and serve immediately. Enjoy.